Assoc. Professor of Second Language Acquisition and Teacher Education,Linguistics,East Asian Languages and Cultures,Beckman Institute,Center for East Asian and Pacific Studies, and Center for Translation Studies
- Yuan, Jiahong, Chilin Shih, and Greg P. Kochanski. "Comparison of declarative and interrogative intonation in Chinese." Proceedings of the First International Conference on Speech Prosody. . 2002. 711–714.
- Shih, Chilin. "Mandarin third tone sandhi and prosodic structure." Studies in Chinese Phonology. . Ed. Jialing Wang and Norval Smith. Walter de Gruyter, 1997. 81-123.
- Sproat, Richard, and Chilin Shih. "The cross-linguistic distribution of adjective ordering restrictions." Interdisciplinary Approaches to Language. . Ed. Carol Georgopoulos and Roberta Ishihara. Kluwer, 1991. 565-593.
- Sproat, Richard, and Chilin Shih. "Prenominal Adjectival Ordering in English and Mandarin." Proceedings of the 12th Annual Meeting of the North East Linguistic Society. . Ed. James Blevins and Juli Carter. GLSA, 1988. 465-489.
- "What determines duration-based rhythm measures: text or speaker?." Laboratory Phonology 4.2 (2013):
- "Rhythm measures and dimensions of durational variation in speech." Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 129.5 (2011):
- "Compensatory articulation in American English nasalized vowels." Journal of Phonetics 39 (2011):
- Kochanski, Greg, and Chilin Shih. "Prosody modeling with soft templates." Speech Communication 39.3-4 (2003): 311-352 .
- Sproat, Richard, William Gale, Chilin Shih, and Nancy Chang. "A stochastic finite-state word-segmentation algorithm for Chinese." Computational Linguistics 22.3 (1996): 377-404.
- Shih, Chilin, and Richard Sproat. "Issues in text-to-speech conversion for Mandarin." Computational Linguistics and Chinese Language Processing 1.1 (1996): 35-82.
- Prieto, Pilar, Chilin Shih, and Holly Nibert. "Pitch downtrend in Spanish." Journal of Phonetics 24.4 (1996): 445-473.
- Sproat, Richard, and Chilin Shih. "A statistical method for finding word boundaries in Chinese text." Computer Processing of Chinese and Oriental Languages 4.4 (1990): 336–351.