Richard C. Anderson
Professor of Second Language Acquisition and Teacher Education,Center for East Asian and Pacific Studies,Center for Global Studies, and East Asian Languages and Cultures
Address: Center for the Study Of Reading
158a CRC 51 Gerty Dr
51 Gerty Dr #174
Champaign, IL 61820
- Telephone: (217) 333-2552
- Email: email@example.com
- Kuo, L.-J., and R. C. Anderson. "Conceptual and Methodological Issues in Comparing Metalinguistic Awareness Across Languages." Learning to Read Across Languages. . Comp. A. Zehler. Ed. K. Koda. Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum, Lawrence, 2008. 39-67.
- "Children's moral reasoning: Influence of culture and collaborative discussion." Journal of Cognition and Culture (2013):
- "Development of young Chinese children's morphological awareness: The role of semantic relatedness and morpheme type." Applied Psycholinguistics (2013):
- "Enhancing motivation and engagement through collaborative discussion." Journal of Educational Psychology 105 (2013):
- "Language-rich discussions for English language learners." Journal of Educational Psychology (2013):
- "Learning to see patterns in Chinese characters." Scientific Studies of Reading 17 (2013):
- "Effects of early bilingualism on learning phonological regularities in a new language." Journal of Experimental Child Psychology 111 (2012):
- "Insight into the structure of compound words among speakers of Chinese and English." Applied Psycholinguistics 33 (2012):
- "Chinese children's concept of word." Writing Systems Research 3 (2011):
- "Beyond cross-language transfer: Reconceptualizing the impact of early bilingualism on phonological competence." Scientific Studies of Reading 14 (2010):
- "Cross-language transfer of insight into the structure of compound words." Reading and Writing 23 (2010):
- Anderson, R. C., X. Wu, H. Shu, W. Jiang, X. Wu, X. Chen, Q. Wang, Y. He, J. Packard, and J. S. Gaffney. "Morphological Awareness and Chinese Children's Literacy Development: An Intervention Study." Scientific Studies of Reading 13 (2009): 26-52.
- Dong, T., R. C. Anderson, I. Kim, and Y. Li. "Collaborative Reasoning in China and Korea." Reading Research Quarterly 43 (2008): 400-424.
- Chen, X., Y.-M. Ku, E. Koyama, R. C. Anderson, and W. Li. "Development of Phonological Awareness in Bilingual Cantonese Children." Journal of Psycholinguistic Research 37 (2008): 405-418.
- Yin, L, R. C. Anderson, and J. Zhu. "Stages in Chinese Children's Reading of English Words." Journal of Psychology 99 (2007): 852-866.