Dr. Darren Tanner
Assistant Professor of Second Language Acquisition and Teacher Education and Linguistics
- Morgan-Short, Kara, and Darren Tanner. "Event-related potentials (ERPs)." Research Methods in Second Language Psycholinguistics. . Ed. Jill Jegerski and Bill VanPatten. New York: Routledge, 2014. 127-152.
- Tanner, Darren, Sarah Grey, and Janet van Hell. "Dissociating retrieval interference and reanalysis in the P600 during sentence comprehension." Psychophysiology (2016):
- Bulkes, Nyssa Z., and Darren Tanner. "Going to town: Large scale norms and statistical analysis of 870 English idioms." Behavior Research Methods (2016):
- Shantz, Kailen, and Darren Tanner. "Talking out of order: Task order influences access to grammatical gender and phonology in lexical access." Language, Cognition and Neuroscience (2016):
- Litcofsky, Kaitlyn, Darren Tanner, and Janet G. Van Hell. "Effects of language experience, use, and cognitive functioning on bilingual word production and comprehension." International Journal of Bilingualism (2016):
- Tanner, Darren, James J. Norton, Kara Morgan-Short, and Steven J. Luck. "On high-pass filter artifacts (they’re real) and baseline correction (it’s a good idea) in ERP/ERMF analysis." Journal of Neuroscience Methods 265 (2016): 166-170.
- Tanner, Darren, and Nyssa Z. Bulkes. "Cues, quantification, and agreement in language comprehension." Psychonomic Bulletin & Review 22 (2015): 1753-1763.
- Mehravari, Alison S., Darren Tanner, Emma K. Wampler, Gelffrey D. Valentine, and Lee Osterhout. "Effects of Grammaticality and Morphological Complexity on the P600 Event-Related Potential Component." PLoS ONE 10.10 (2015): e0140850.
- Tanner, Darren, Kara Morgan-Short, and Steve J. Luck. "How inappropriate high-pass filters can produce artifactual effects and incorrect conclusions in ERP studies of language and cognition." Psychophysiology 52 (2015): 997-1009.
- Tanner, Darren. "On the left anterior negativity (LAN) in electrophysiological studies of morphosyntactic agreement." Cortex 66 (2015): 149-155.
- Tanner, Darren, Kayo Inoue, and Lee Osterhout. "Brain-based individual differences in on-line L2 grammatical comprehension." Bilingualism: Language and Cognition 17 (2014): 277-293.
- Tanner, Darren, and Janet van Hell. "ERPs reveal individual differences in morphosyntactic processing." Neuropsychologia 56 (2014): 289-301.
- Tanner, Darren, Janet Nicol, and Laurel Brehm. "The time course of feature interference in agreement comprehension: Multiple mechanisms and asymmetrical attraction." Journal of Memory and Language 76 (2014): 195-215.
- Tanner, Darren. "Individual differences and streams of processing." Linguistic Approaches to Bilingualism 3 (2013): 350-356.
- Tanner, Darren, Judith McLaughlin, Julia Herschensohn, and Lee Osterhout. "Individual differences reveal stages of L2 grammatical acquisition: ERP evidence." Bilingualism: Language and Cognition 16 (2013): 376-382.
- Van Hell, Janet G., and Darren Tanner. "Effects of second language proficiency on cross-language lexical activation." Language Learning 62.Suppl. 2 (2012): 148-171.
- McLaughlin, Judith, Darren Tanner, Ilona Pitkänen, Cheryl Frenck-Mestre, Kayo Inoue, Geoffrey Valentine, and Lee Osterhout. "Brain potentials reveal discrete stages of L2 grammatical learning." Language Learning 60.Suppl. 2 (2010): 123-150.