Professor Emeritus of Second Language Acquisition and Teacher Education,Linguistics,Educational Psychology,Curriculum and Instruction,Center for Global Studies, and Title VI Centers Faculty Survey
Specializations / Research Interest(s)
- Language testing
- Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles (Applied Linguistics)
- The Routledge Handbook of Language Testing. . Ed. Glenn Fulcher and Fred Davidson. London: Routledge, 2012.
- Fulcher, Glenn, and Fred Davidson. Language Testing and Assessment: An Advanced Resource Book. . Oxford, UK: Routledge, 2007.
- Davidson, Fred, and Glenn Fulcher. "Developing test specifications for language assessment." The Cambridge Guide to Second Language Assessment. . Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2012. 59-65.
- Davidson, Fred. "Test Specifications and Criterion-referenced assessment." The Routledge Handbook of Language Testing. . London: Routledge, 2012. 197-209.
- "Releasability of Language Test Specifications." Japan Language Testing Association (JLTA) Journal 15 (2012): 1-23.
- Fulcher, Glenn, Fred Davidson, and Jenny Kemp. "Effective rating scale development for speaking tests: Performance Decision Trees." Language testing 28.1 (2011): 5-29.
- Fulcher, Glenn, and Fred Davidson. "Test Architecture, Test Retrofit." Language Testing 26.1 (2010):
- "Why is cognitive diagnosis necessary? A reaction.." Language Assessment Quarterly 7.1 (2010): 104-107.
- Davidson, Fred, and Glenn Fulcher. "Tests in Society and in Learning: A Dialogue." Educational Philosophy and Theory 40.3 (2008): 407-417.
- Davidson, Fred, and Glenn Fulcher. "The Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) and the design of language tests: A Matter of Effect." Language Teaching 40 (2007): 231-241.