F. Scott Walters, Ph.D.
Address: 4080 FLB, MC-168
707 S. Mathews St.
Urbana, IL 61801
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Specializations / Research Interest(s)
- Language testing and assessment, TESOL teacher education, L2 pragmatics, conversation analysis
- University of Illinois (2004), California State University at Dominguez Hills (1991), Illinois State University (1982)
- "Interfaces between a discourse completion test and a conversation analysis-informed test of L2 pragmatic competence." Assessing Second Language Pragmatics. . Ed. Steven J. Ross and Gabriele Kasper. Palgrave Macmillan, 2013.
- "Fairness." The Routledge Handbook of Language Testing. . Ed. Fred Davidson and Glen Fulcher. Routledge, 2012.
- "Cultivating assessment literacy: Standards evaluation through language-test specification reverse engineering." Language Assessment Quarterly 7.3 (2010): 317-342.
- "A conversation analysis-informed test of L2 aural pragmatic comprehension." TESOL Quarterly 43.1 (2009): 29-54.
- "A conversation-analytic hermeneutic rating protocol to assess L2 oral pragmatic competence." Language Testing 24.2 (2007): 155-183.
- "A conversation-analytic approach to developing tests of L2 pragmatic competence ." Language Testing Update (2003):
- "The Final Trilogy of Philip K. Dick." Extrapolations 38 (1997): 222-235.
- Rev. of Measuring oral proficiency though paired-task performance The Modern Language Journal 95 (2011): 169-170.
- Rev. of Assessment and Accountability in Language Education Programs, by Margo Gottlieb. Language Policy 7 (2008): 301-303.
- Walters, F. Scott, and Michael Newman. Rev. of Understanding by Design, expanded 2nd ed., by Grant Wiggins and Jay McTighe. TESOL Quarterly 42.1 (2008): 162-165.