Dr. Jill Jegerski
Assistant Professor of Second Language Acquisition and Teacher Education and Spanish and Portuguese
Address: 4117 FLB
Email: jegerski (AT) illinois (DOT) edu
- CV: Download my C.V.
Specializations / Research Interest(s)
- Second Language Acquisition
- Bilingualism and Spanish as a Heritage Language
- Psycholinguistic Research Methods
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Ph.D.
- University of Illinois at Chicago, M.A.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.S.
- Jegerski, J., B. VanPatten, and G. D. Keating. "Relative clause attachment preferences in early and late bilinguals." In Advances in Spanish as a heritage language. . Ed. D. Pascual y Cabo. Amsterdam: John Benjamins, 2016. 81-98.
- Jegerski, J.. "Self-paced reading." In Research methods in second language psycholinguistics. . Ed. J. Jegerski and B. VanPatten. New York: Routledge, 2014. 20-49.
- Jegerski, J., and B. VanPatten. Research Methods for Second Language Psycholinguistics. . New York: Routledge, 2014.
- VanPatten, B., and J. Jegerski. Research in Second Language Processing and Parsing. . Amsterdam: John Benjamins, 2010.
- Jegerski, J. "The processing of the object marker "a" by heritage Spanish speakers ." International Journal of Bilingualism (2017): Advance online publication.
- Jegerski, J., G. D. Keating, and B. VanPatten. "On-line relative clause attachment strategy in heritage speakers of Spanish." International Journal of Bilingualism 20.3 (2016): 254-268.
- Jegerski, J. "Number attraction effects in near-native Spanish sentence comprehension." Studies in Second Language Acquisition 38.1 (2016): 5-33.
- Keating, G. D., J. Jegerski, and B. VanPatten. "Online processing of subject pronouns in monolingual and heritage bilingual speakers of Mexican Spanish." Bilingualism: Language and Cognition 19.1 (2016): 36-49.
- Jegerski, J. "The processing of case in near-native Spanish." Second Language Research 31.3 (2015): 281-307.
- Keating, G. D., and J. Jegerski. "Experimental designs in sentence processing research: A methodological review and user’s guide." Studies in Second Language Acquisition 37.1 (2015): 1-32.
- Jegerski, J., and E. Ponti. "Peer review as a method of heritage language writing instruction: The effectiveness of a metalinguistic literacy task." Linguistics and Education 26 (2014): 70-82.
- Jegerski, J. "The processing of temporary subject-object ambiguities in native and near-native Mexican Spanish." Bilingualism: Language and Cognition 15.4 (2012): 721-735.
- Jegerski, J., B. VanPatten, and G. D. Keating. "Cross-linguistic variation and the acquisition of pronominal reference in L2 Spanish." Second Language Research 27.4 (2011): 481-507.
- Keating, G. D. , B. VanPatten, and J. Jegerski. "Who was walking on the beach? Anaphora resolution in Spanish heritage speakers and adult second language learners." Studies in Second Language Acquisition 33.2 (2011): 193-221.
- Potowski, K., J. Jegerski, and K. Morgan-Short. "The effects of instruction on linguistic development in Spanish heritage language speakers." Language Learning 59.3 (2009): 537-579.