Dr. Tania Ionin PhD.
Associate Professor of Second Language Acquisition and Teacher Education,Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies,Latin American and Caribbean Studies,Slavic Languages and Literatures, and Linguistics
Specializations / Research Interest(s)
- Second language acquisition, experimental semantics, syntax/semantics interface
- Ionin, Tania, and Tatiana Luchkina. "The one kitten who was stroked by every girl: revisiting scope and scrambling in Russian." A Pesky Set: Papers for David Pesetsky. . 2017.
- Ionin, Tania. "Certain properties of certain indefinites: An experimental perspective." Epistemic Indefinites. . Oxford University Press, 2015. 183-210.
- Ionin, Tania. "'Some' indefinites scope out of islands: an experimental investigation." Weak Referentiality. . John Benjamins, 2014. 45-72.
- Ionin, Tania. "Pragmatic variation among specificity markers." Different Kinds of Specificity Across Languages. . Comp. Stefan Hinterwimmer. Ed. Cornelia Ebert. Springer, 2013. 75-103.
- Ionin, Tania. "Morphosyntax." The Cambridge Handbook of Second Language Acquisition. . Ed. Julia Herschensohn and Martha Young-Scholten. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 2012. 505-528.
- Ionin, Tania. "Formal theory-based methodologies." Research Methods in Second Language Acquisition. . Ed. Alison Mackey and Susan Gass. Blackwell, 2011. 30-52.
- Ionin, Tania, Elaine Grolla, Helade Santos, and Silvina Montrul. "Interpretation of NPs in generic and existential contexts in L3 Brazilian Portuguese." Linguistic Approaches to Bilingualism 5 (2015): 215-251.
- Ionin, Tania, and Eve Zyzik. "Judgment and interpretation tasks in second language research." Annual Review of Applied Linguistics 34 (2014): 1-28.
- Ionin, Tania, Silvina Montrul, and Monica Crivos. "A bidirectional study on the acquisition of plural NP interpretation in English and Spanish." Applied Psycholinguistics (2013):
- Ionin, Tania, Soondo Baek, Eunah Kim, Heejeong Ko, and Ken Wexler. "That’s not so different from the: definite and demonstrative descriptions in second language acquisition." Second Language Research 28 (2012): 69-101.
- Ionin, Tania, Silvina Montrul, and Helade Santos. "An experimental investigation of the expression of genericity in English, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese." Lingua 121 (2011): 963-985.
- Ionin, Tania, Silvina Montrul, Ji-Hye Kim, and Vadim Philippov. "Genericity distinctions and the interpretation of determiners in L2 acquisition." Language Acquisition 18 (2011): 242-280.
- Ionin, Tania, and Silvina Montrul. "The role of L1 transfer in the interpretation of articles with definite plurals." Language Learning 60.4 (2010): 877-925.
- Ionin, Tania. "The scope of indefinites: an experimental investigation." Natural Language Semantics 18.3 (2010): 295-350.
- Ionin, Tania, Maria L. Zubizarreta, and Vadim Philippov. "Acquisition of article semantics by child and adult L2-English learners." Bilingualism: Language and Cognition 12 (2009): 337-361.
- Ionin, Tania, and Ora Matushansky. "The composition of complex cardinals." Journal of Semantics 23 (2006): 315-360.
- Ionin, Tania. "This is definitely specific: specificity and definiteness in article systems." Natural Language Semantics 14 (2006): 175-234.