Yvonne Marie Prefontaine PhD
Visiting Assistant Professor of Second Language Acquisition and Teacher Education
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Specializations / Research Interest(s)
- Second language fluency and assessment
I specialize in French second language (L2) speech production and perception, second language acquisition including cognitive processes and affective aspects, speech elicitation tasks and automated L2 fluency assessment using speech technology and acoustic variables.
- Ph.D., Applied Linguistics, Lancaster University, UK
- M.A., Second Language Education, University of Colorado at Boulder, USA
- Teaching Certificate, TESL and French, McGill University, Canada
- B.A., French, Université Laval, Canada
Distinctions / Awards
- 2012: Language Learning Dissertation Grant
- 2012: Canadian Modern Language Review Best Graduate Student Paper Award
- Prefontaine, Yvonne, and Judit Kormos. French learners’ appraisals of second language speech tasks: A look at affective factors influencing fluent performance. . Chapter Book. Forthcoming: 2015.
- Préfontaine, Yvonne, and Judit Kormos. "The relationship between task difficulty and second language fluency in French: A mixed-methods approach." The Modern Language Journal 99.1 (2015):
- Prefontaine, Yvonne, and Judit Kormos. "A qualitative analysis of perceptions of fluency in second language French." International Review of Applied Linguistics (Forthcoming) (2015):
- Préfontaine, Yvonne. "Perceptions of French fluency in second language speech production." Canadian Modern Language Review 69 (2013): 324–348.
- "Differences in perceived and utterance fluency across speech elicitation tasks: A pilot study." Papers from the Lancaster University Postgraduate Conference in Linguistics and Language Teaching. 2011. 134–154.