SLATE Conference Travel Awards
Two $250 awards will be given each semester, to support two SLATE students’ travel to attend and present at a conference. Applications will be reviewed by the SLATE Executive Committee according to the established criteria and the top ranked two applications will receive Conference Travel Awards.
NOTE: Thanks to the generostiy of Dr. Pavel Trofimovich, an extra $250 award will be given out each semester of the 2019-2020 AY (3 total awardseach semester).
TO APPLY: Email materials listed below in ONE PDF DOCUMENT to Katie Walker at <email@example.com>. (The former online portal has been discontinued.)
Applications must include:
- Abstract (no longer than 350 words), including a description of the significance of the work (Times New Roman 12 font, 1” margins on all sides)
- Proof of acceptance, including type of presentation (paper/poster)
- 1‐page CV, including education and publications/presentations
- Each student may submit only one application per semester. In other words, if a student is presenting at multiple conferences, s/he may submitonly one for consideration.
- A student who wins a SLATE Conference Travel Award is not eligible to apply again for one academic year. Therefore, a student who won in Fall 2019 is not eligible to apply again until Fall 2020, and a student who won in Spring 2019 is not eligible to apply again until Spring 2020.
- Preference will be given to students who are first authors.
Deadline for Fall 2019 Competition: 11:59pm on October 7, 2019
Deadline for Spring 2020 Competition: 11:59pm on February 3, 2020