SLATE Conference Travel Awards
Two $250 awards will be given each semester, to support two SLATE students’ travel to attend and present at a conference. Applications will be reviewed by the SLATE Executive Committee according to the established criteria and the top ranked two applications will receive Conference Travel Awards.
Fill out and submit your application online:
Applications must include:
- Abstract (no longer than 350 words), including a description of the significance of the work (Times New Roman 12 font, 1” margins on all sides)
- Proof of acceptance, including type of presentation (paper/poster)
- 1‐page CV, including education and publications/presentations
- Each student may submit only one application per semester. In other words, if a student is presenting at multiple conferences, s/he may submitonly one for consideration.
- A student who wins a SLATE Conference Travel Award is not eligible to apply again for one academic year. Therefore, a student who won in Fall 2017 is not eligible to apply again until Fall 2018, and a student who won in Spring 2018 is not eligible to apply again until Spring 2019.
- Preference will be given to students who are first authors.
Deadline for Fall 2018 Competition: Midnight on October 1, 2018
Deadline for Spring 2019 Competition: Midnight on February 25, 2019